Historic Places Trust




Mission House, Waimate North
This is the only survivor of three mission houses, built at Waimate in 1831-32. For nine years it was occupied by the lay missionary George Clark and later the home of Bishop Selwyn from 1842-44. It was restored to its original regency style by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.


Mission House, Waimate North


Ewelme Cottage, Auckland

Kitchen at Alberton, Auckland
postmarked 1988

Alberton, Auckland
Built in 1862 for Allan Kerr Taylor - an Auckland farmer and businessman - and later extended to include the Indian style verandahs and towers, the house was bequeathed to the Trust in 1972 by his last surviving daughter, and has been fully restored.
HPT 2647

No comments: