Martin & Lawson
West End Photographic Studio, Oxford Terrace, Christchurch.
Lyttelton Times, Volume XXVI, Issue 1784, 5 September 1866, Page 8
An advertisement in the Southern Provinces Almanac of 1868 shows that this studio established in 1863 was situated in Oxford Terrace west near St Michael's Church, two doors from Cashel Street. This probably indicates the year Charles Lawson first opened his studio as the partnership with Albert Lawson was established in September 1866. Cartes de visite, miniatures and other portraits would be executed "in first class style of the art."
above - Mrs Jane Whitmore
above cdv courtesy of The Laurence Eagle Collection